I have been working as a psychiatrist in Kolkata (erstwhile Calcutta) for more than 30 years. Since retiring as Associate Professor in Psychiatry , Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (IPGME&R) and Deputy Superintendent of Institute of Psychiatry, Calcutta, in 1995, I have continued to work as an independent consultant Psychiatrist. Over the years I have also been associated with Indian Medical Association and Indian Psychiatric Associations. I worked as Associate Editor of the Journal of Indian Medical Association (JIMA).
Throughout my life I remained involved in the Art-world and have been looking at the interface of the human mind and creativity and visual arts.
- MBBS (Calcutta Medical College, University of Calcutta)
- DPM (Diploma in Psychological Medicine ), C.U. 1980
- MD in Psychiatry, C.U. 1982
- Formerly Asssociate Professor of Psychiatry, IPGME&R
- Formerly Deputy Superintendent of Institute of Psychiatry, Calcutta
- Formerly Editor ‘Your Health’ (Public Health Journal of IMA)
- Formerly Associate Editor of JIMA (Official Journal of IMA)
IMACGP Dr.R.K.Mend Award, 1994, for best research in promotion of speciality in General Practice
- Indian Psychiatry Society
- Indian Association of Social Psychiatry
- Indian Association of Private Psychiatry
- IMA Academy of Specialities
- Society of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis
- Indian Science Congress Association