Neither medicine nor art was alien to me even as a child. My father was a doctor, maternal grandfather Bano Behari Mukherjee was recognized as an eminent doctor, social-reformer, writer and a cartoonist and his younger brother Binode Behari Mukherjee is renowned artist. I had as my mentors, artists like Binode Behari Mukherjee, Haren Das, Sailen Mitra and Sarbari Roychaudhuri. Besides experimenting with various media and techniques, I like to explore the theories behind the visual art.
- Several solo exhibitions in Kolkata since 1972. Solo-show sponsored by British Paints (Décor Service) – 1977, & Chitrakoot Gallery – 1988, 2002.
- Participation in several Group-show at Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and abroad.
- Participated in All India Annual Exhibition of Academy of Fine Arts (AFA ) & Birla Academy of Art & Culture
- Participated in State Academy Exhibition.
- Participated International Art Exhibition at JAIPUR-SUMMIT-2015 from 21st to 25th Nov 2015.
- The Artists’ Directory Of The Lalit Kala Academy
- Life-member: Academy of Fine Arts (AFA), Kolkata
- Member of:
- The Canvas Artists’ Circle
- Kolkata Art Society
EVENTS IN 2014
Participation in :
- 53rd Annual Exhibition at AFA, Kol. – 8 – 20th. Jan. 2014
- Annual Gr. Exhibition at AFA, Kol. – 11-18th. March. 2014
- Group Exhibition at Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai – 13 – 19th. Oct. 2014
- Group Exhibition at Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath, Bangalore – 10 – 16th. Nov. 2014
More Paintings of Dr. Debasis Bhattacharyya